COVID-19 Procedures - Updated 4/19/2021
We are Open:
We want to encourage everybody to continue to work together to minimize contact and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We know how important gardening is for our physical and mental health, and we are continuously working to make gardening safely accessible for all our neighbors. Please review our policies and procedures below before shopping in-store or online.
For the safety of our our staff and guests:
- Masks are required for all indoor and enclosed spaces per the Oregon Health Department. They are available for purchase at checkout if you do not have your own.
- Masks are appreciated while browsing outdoor areas.
- We ask that you use credit or debit cards if possible, instead of cash. When using cash, please help us reduce the coin shortage by having exact change ready.
- We have installed signage to direct the flow of traffic throughout the Nursery and Cafe. Please be patient and follow signage and staff directions carefully.
In order to fulfill orders in a timely manor:
Most orders are ready to pick up in 1 day.
- Pickup is available from 9am to 4pm daily.
- There is a $10 personal shopping charge for all online and phone orders.
- If an ordered item is out of stock, it will be refunded. Please continue to check back online, as stock is updated daily.
- At this time, we are unable to accept phone orders. If you cannot find an item on our website, please email a detailed list of what you're looking for to email@example.com and we'll get back to you as we are able.
- Carefully follow the zero-contact pickup instructions that come in the “Ready for Pickup” message. Your in-store wait will be extended if we are not notified in the specific method detailed in that email because we will not know you are here.
- Due to the perishable nature of living plants, orders not picked up within 48 hours of fulfillment will be returned and a 10% restocking fee will be assessed to cover labor and card processing fees unless other arrangements are made.
- Each order will be individually fulfilled based on the day and time it was placed. If you place multiple orders, we will not be able to combine them or fulfill them at the same time.
- Once you have paid for your order, there will be a 10% restocking fee applied if you change your mind to cover labor and processing costs.
- Masks are required for all indoor spaces unless eating or drinking. Please where a mask while ordering.
- Orders for brunch, lunch, pastries and espresso can be made online for pickup at the cafe through our website, or at the counter, daily from 8-6pm.
- Please note that we can only accommodate one group at a time at the counter.
- You may be asked to wait outside until the counter is open. This is in place to ensure distancing guidelines are being met.
Social Distancing Procedures:
Cornell Farm is continuing to meet and exceed social distancing guidelines set by the state:
- Implemented strict social 6-foot distancing rules that are enforced by employees.
- Adjusted our checkout process and signage to eliminate congestion near the registers.
- Instituted a continual sanitization regimen of high touch surfaces all around the Nursery and Cafe.
- Expanded our staff cleanliness policy to include more frequent hand-washing and no face-touching.
- Required masks for both customers and staff.
We're also providing more ways to minimize in-store contact:
At this time, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding in-store stock, plant care, design advice, or custom ordering. Rest assured our staff is working hard to pull orders and serve customers in a safe, friendly way.
These rules will remain in place until the Oregon’s pandemic guidelines and restrictions have been lifted. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we all work together to get through these extraordinary times.