At Cornell Farm, we have the greatest job ever: to make the world a greener place by sharing our love of plants and fresh, local food with our guests!
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist guests with plant selection, container design, and any other needs they might have
• Water and care for all annual and perennial plants and maintain a tidy sales floor.
• Stock, merchandise, and price plant material.
• Assist with special projects determined by the Annual/Perennial manager.
• Flexibility to fill in wherever needed, including running the POS system.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Create positive guest experiences through plants and the environment.
• Knowledge of annual and perennial plants, including Latin and common names, care, and attributes, and confidence to share it with guests.
• Ability to constantly lift and move product quickly and efficiently.
• Excellent communication skills and follow-through, both verbal and written.
• Experience in a customer service, retail or sales environment.
• Experience using a POS.
• Manage time efficiently to ensure all daily tasks are complete.
• Positive, energetic, friendly, and outgoing; very comfortable in a customer service role.
• Calm and collected in fast paced, high stress environments; a team player.
• Excited to work outdoors in all PNW weather conditions.
• Quick on you feet finding answers to questions you don’t know.
• Always learning, asking questions, and soliciting feedback.
• Punctual and professional with a high attention to detail and cleanliness.
• This position requires opening shift availability.
• 8:30am-5pm Wednesday-Sunday
• Must have open availability mid March through Mid July
• Consideration for permanent employment end of June.
• Kaiser dental and healthcare, including alternative care paid at 85%.
• Paid time off after one year of employment.
• Generous employee discounts in the Nursery & Cafe.
• Working with an awesome team at a small, family owned organization.
Cover Letter Questions:
1. What draws you to Cornell Farm specifically and the retail plant industry in general?
2. Tell us about your favorite plant that is currently blooming and why you love it.
3. Share a time you connected with someone through plant or gardening experience.
Click here to download an application and and submit either in person or digitally along with a cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit for Cornell Farm, as well as any special skills, qualifications, or experiences you feel may be relevant to this position.