Cornell Farm is a small family-owned garden center and cafe just minutes outside of downtown Portland, and we have the greatest jobs ever: to make the world a greener place by sharing our love of plants and fresh, local food with our friends and neighbors! We’re searching for a creative tour-de-force who can spread our amazing story and cultivate lasting relationships throughout our expanding community.
This is an ideal position for someone who wants to work on many aspects of marketing, not just pigeonholed into a narrow focus. It’s ultimate scope has some flexibility depending on the background and strengths of the candidate, but in general could include helping:
• Craft the image of Cornell Farm for the public through photo, video, and written content for outlets including social media platforms, website, blog, email newsletters, press outreach, and in-store signage.
• Develop marketing strategies including email newsletters, events, press releases and outreach as needed.
• Develop and cultivate community outreach campaigns with local organizations.
• Planning, organization and coordination of classes, demos, and events.
• Getting out amongst the flowers and shrubs, into the dining room and kitchen, and collaborating with department leads to capture what’s fresh, new, and exciting at Cornell Farm.
• Self-starter who is self‐motivated to work independently as well as collaborating with other team members.
• Outgoing and able to cultivate relationships with customers, followers, influencers, media organizations, and fellow teammates.
• Copywriting and proofreading with a consistent company voice.
• Able to progress on multiple projects simultaneously with excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
• Plant knowledge.
• 2D design and layout for web and print.
• Digital photography and post-processing.
• Shooting and editing video.
• Strong computer skills with emphasis on Macs and Adobe products.
• Full time, on-site with a mostly consistent schedule with some work outside of office hours and some traveling (including weekends for special events).
• Occasional lifting, bending, stretching, and ladder usage.
• Pay: $20/hr
• Kaiser dental and healthcare, including alternative care paid at 85%.
• Generous discounts in the Nursery & Cafe.
• Working with an awesome team at a small, family owned organization.
After one year:
• Paid vacation .
• Company matched retirement plan.
To Apply, submit the following to our Indeed posting:
• Cover letter describing why we might be a good fit for you and you a good fit for us.
• Resume with work and experience history with work samples.