At Cornell Farm, we have the greatest job ever: to make the world a greener place by sharing our love of plants and fresh, local food with our guests!
Spring is the busiest time of year in our industry, so keeping our tables and shelves full of plant product is a vital part of our success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Quickly and efficiently load plants from the production greenhouses onto a cart and drive them to the retail space.
• Learn plants quickly and track where crops are located, as well as their stage of growth.
• Be a vision of safety while driving around the property in our electric carts, always being aware of cars and customers, driving slowly and keeping the carts in perfect condition.
• Helping to maintain a tidy sales floor and a high level of cleanliness in the greenhouses on an ongoing basis to help prevent plant disease.
• Check all plants for quality before pulling them for retail.
• Flexibility to fill in where ever needed, including running the POS.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Ability to constantly lift and move product quickly and efficiently.
• Experience working with plants, knowing what a healthy rooted full size plant looks like is a huge plus.
• Excellent communication skills and follow-through, both verbal and written.
• Experience using a POS.
• High attention to detail and cleanliness
• Manage time efficiently to ensure all daily tasks are complete.
• Self motivated to stay on task while working independently.
• Positive, energetic, friendly, and outgoing; very comfortable in a customer service role.
• Calm and collected in fast paced, high stress environments; a team player.
• Excited to work outdoors in all PNW weather conditions.
• Quick on you feet finding answers to questions you don’t know.
• Always learning, asking questions, and soliciting feedback.
• Punctual and professional with a high attention to detail and cleanliness.
• This position requires closing shift availability, 9:45am-6:15pm Wednesday-Sunday or Friday-Tuesday
• Must have open availability mid March through Mid July
• Consideration for permanent employment end of June.
• Kaiser dental and healthcare, including alternative care paid at 85%.
• Paid time off after one year of employment.
• Generous employee discounts in the Nursery & Cafe.
• Working with an awesome team at a small, family owned organization.
Cover Letter Questions:
1. What draws you to Cornell Farm specifically and the retail plant industry in general?
2. Tell us about your favorite plant that is currently blooming and why you love it.
3. Share a time you connected with someone through plant or gardening experience.
Click here to download an application and and submit either in person or digitally along with a cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit for Cornell Farm, as well as any special skills, qualifications, or experiences you feel may be relevant to this position.